Lovely Advice: Day Two
DAY TWO
Qoute of the day: "It's never too early or too late to work towards being the healthiest you."
How can we reduce anxiety?
Anxiety is a mental disorder characterized by feelings of worry, anxiety, or fearr that are strong enough to interfere with one's daily activities.
One way to reduce anxiety is through mindfulness. Mindfulness is when the mind if fully attending to what's happening around you and what you're doing in that moment. So often our mind takes flight, losing sense of our body and what is going on around us. Instead, we start to engoss ourselves in obsessive thoughts. This makes us anxious.
Here are a few tips on how to practice mindfulness: Stay in the present moment. Stop doing a million things at once and just relax. What are your surroundings? If you are outside, focus on the nature around you. Focus on your senses. What do you hear? See? Feel? Pay attention to your breathing. Make sure that they are deep, slow, steady breaths. An easy way to do this is through yoga. Also, don't over-analyze the situation. When you over-analyze situations, you start to create imaginary outcomes. Accept that there is only so much that can be done. You can't control everything or go back in time. Find the beauty in every moment.
I do struggle with anxiety at times. I also agree with your thoughts on how to deal with it. Despite medication, you can still fix this problem naturally. For some people, it seems like this disorder is non-curable, just treatable. Although, if there was a cure, then anxiety wouldn't exist with that person anymore.
ReplyDeleteDuring high school, I was a three sport, year round athlete and I also had anxiety and self esteem issues. What helped me deal with those issues was me being physically active. I was always the skinniest on the football team, but I was the fastest fro two years in a row. What I did not do well in the weight room, I made up for it on the track during our running workouts. So in the end, me getting made fun of from my teammates and others for being the weakest on the team actually helped get to where I am today, physically and mentally. Because of this experience all through high school, my biggest motivation was not some famous inspirational speech or speaker....it was people telling me that I can't do something.
ReplyDelete